10 Ways to Make Someone Smile
Last updated May 27, 2014 admin 0 Comments
Did you know that it takes only 17 muscles to smile, but 43 to frown? Why waste all that energy frowning when you could just smile. First, I am going to tell you five facts about smiling:
1. Women smile more than men.
2. Smiling releases endorphins that make us feel better.
3. We are all born with the ability to smile, it’s not something we learn from others.
4. A smile is a universal expression of happiness.
5. A smiling person is thought to be a more pleasant, attractive, sociable, sincere and competent than a non-smiling person.
So, are you ready to make someone’s day a little better, today? It won’t cost you a single penny or much time to do just that. Just put a smile on someone’s face and you’re done! And because smiling is contagious, it probably won’t just be one person you make smile today.
So, here are 10 ways to turn that frown upside down:
1. Let someone know you miss them.
2. Compliment a friend or work colleague on their appearance.
3. Make a surprise telephone call to your friend at work, just to say hi.
4. Hold a door open for someone walking behind you.
5. Send a card to a friend letting them know what a good friend they are.
6. Give up your seat on the train to someone when there aren’t any left.
7. Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
8. Ask a friend if they need anything while you’re out shopping.
9. Send someone an unusual and unexpected gift like chocolate or flowers.
10. Tell your child you’re proud of them or play with them a game and let them win.
Just remember, smiling is the easiest and cheapest way of improving your look.